Search This Blog

August 27, 2015

Le Marché

Gabin, baby host brother

Les fruits differentes 

Alf, my host dog 

My host mom, Sandra et mon host brother, Gabin

Le rue de Villefranche, 

Dried fruits

Fresh local goods

filled market

The markets!

Walking in town, exploring

Le pont en region "Averyon"


Today was fantastic! My host mom and brother and I  went to Villefranche de r. and not only got to know the town, explore we went to the weekly Thursday market. Check out this link to read all about the market its amazing history and how it has been this town together : https://vanessafrance.wordpress.com/2012/02/27/villefranche-de-rouergue-market/

We walked all around the market and the local stores, my host mom is very super social and knows lots of people! So I also got to meet some people today- lots of fun. There is so much about the market and how beautiful everything is!! In the future I will explain little by little because it's overwhelming learning about everything although awesome. We did some shopping the market and local boutiques and later on for some grocery shopping, today we dined cantaloupe et prosciutto with a side of  aligot, chorizo and of course some baguette on the side! Trés super.

With the 9 hour difference I am jet lagged and didn`t get any sleep so I am very tired. Tomorrow morning I have to meet my Rotary counselor at 7:30 AM as we are going to the Orientation for myself and other exchange students for district 1740!!

Bientot e bon nuit!

No comments:

Post a Comment