Search This Blog

September 5, 2015

First Rotex (Aug 28-Aug 30)

Salut! I'm sorry for my disappearance, I have not had WiFi since I returned from my Rotary Inbound & Rebound weekend! This is the post I wrote:

Yesterday I returned from " Le Lac Chambon "! This is where Rotary District 1740 held its first rotex for the exchange year 2015-2016. In this rotex there was all the inbounds (students on exchange) and returning rebounds (students back from exchange). I finally got to meet everyone that is on Rotary exchange around me!! It was awesome, not only did I get to meet lot of new friends, Rotary being amazing as it is planned out some activities such as visiting a castle!
Climbing up to the Castle!

Le Chateau de Murol

Villefranche de Rouergue Group:
Justin ( Exchange student from U.S), Me, Laurence- Thierry's wife and Thierry my counselor) 


Le Lac Chambon

Rotex

Helena, Thayna and Me

"Brazucas na Franca"

Rebounds/Inbounds France 2015/2016: District 1740

Group selfie

C A N A D A !
I left friday morning at 7:15 AM from my house to get to Villefranche de R. to meet Justin, the other exchange student and his host mom along with Laurence- my counselor's wife. Laurence drove me and Justin to Montepellier to meet her husband and daughter. That was not on route to get to Lake Chambon but we had to meet up with them and go to their daughter's apartment to drop her off. When we met we all went for lunch... to McDonalds! McDonald's in France is different... it's a lot more advanced in many ways and the food I have to admit was better and there was lot more options and variations. 

After the stop at their daughter's apartment we were on route but far away from Lake Chambon. In total it took us about 10 hours or so to get there but it's actually only about 3-4 hours from where my host city is. 

The weekend consisted of constant chatting and activities.The first day was everyone introducing themselves and getting organized. Second day we went had 3 orientations, paddle boating and on a quest to retrieve flags, talent show and lots of pictures! On the final day we got together to talk about Rotary and the upcoming Rotex, Bus trips, etc- then onto Chateau de Murol... Then HOME!

It was an awesome weekend and I already miss it. I hope all the other exchange students the best with their exchange year. I'm excited for the next get together to come. Thank you Rotary for making this all possible. :) 








No comments:

Post a Comment