Search This Blog

August 26, 2015

Seattle to Paris to Toulouse to Villefranche de R.

After a looooong journey, I arrived safely yesterday around 8pm ( my time ). I arrived in Toulouse and my host mother, Sandra and my baby host brother, Gabin picked me up from the airport. Although we were at the airport for awhile because one of my suitcases are missing.

After with the help of my host mother and quite a bit of time, an Air France associate was able to help us- but it has yet to appear. But I am happy the only valuables in  that suitcase was clothing.

We drove from Toulouse to actually not Villefranche de Rouergue but a few minutes farther to where my host famiy lives known as Sept fonds, near Villenueve which is 5-10 minutes from Villefranche de Rouergue, my host city!

We arrived to Sept Fonds around 12 Am and my host dad, David and my host brother, Antoine were waiting to have dinner with us!

I love my host family, I am blessed and grateful that I ended up here. Special thank you to everyone, especially Rotary.

My host mother, Sandra doesn't work because she just had a baby 7 months ago, Gabin. I am SO thankful that  my host mother speaks Portuguese- this has helped immensely. We both know that my french needs to grow so that is why we only decided that she will speak to me in Portuguese this week and for the rest of the time French or if I am in trouble and need some help! Sandra is awesome and so kind not to mention helpful, we get along fantastic. My host dad is also helpful, kind and awesome! I appreciate how he explains everything to me and speaks french extra slow for me to understand. And there is also my older host brother and host sister. My older host brother is actually just visiting. By the end of this week he leaves to go to Bourges- close to Paris, he will be working and going to school there. There is also Naomie; she is the reason why I am here! Naomie is in Luverne, Minnesota for her exchange year. Although we don`t live together we talk often on social media- and it`s lovely!  I am extremly lucky and thankful not just for the exchange program but this wonderful host family.

Although it is 2:16 AM here and my host mother and I are going to the famous Villefranche de R. Market  early... so I better be going to bed because today I only got up at  6PM!!!!

Résultat de recherche d'images pour "villefranche de rouergue"
MARKET

Thanks for reading.

A demain!


No comments:

Post a Comment